Why should I care
- 13,40,000 children below 5 die in a year, that is 3,671
under 5 child deaths per day.
- Nearly half of all child deaths under 5 in India are
attributed to undernutrition.
- More than half (56%) of the under 5 deaths occur within the
first 28 days of life, we work to prevent these lives
- India accounts for more than 3 out of 10 stunted children
in the world.
- 17.7 million children and adolescents are out of school in
India, this is 14% of world's population of children out of school.
- 20% of grade 2 children in India cannot recognize numbers
1-9; 53% of children drop out of school at elementary level.
- 49.5% of grade 5 children cannot do subtraction and 55% of
grade 8 children cannot solve 3 digits by 1 digit division problem; 51.09% of grade 5
children cannot read grade 2 English and 25.4% children of grade 8 cannot read grade 2 text.
How you can Help
I Want to donate
- We want to do more and you can help. By committing a small
fraction of your income to protect children in need, you can help save a child and
contribute to humanity.
- While Save the Children appreciates monthly donations more
where you choose to donate a small
fixed amount monthly for us to be able to plan our programs for longer term, a single
can also help save a child.